On 18th April 2019 we saw the release of VMware NSX Data Center for vSphere (NSX-V) 6.4.5. With this release we are afforded increased feature parity between the vSphere Client (HTML5) and the now-legacy vSphere Web Client (Flex), although be advised, there are still a number of unsupported functionality.
Please review the VMware Product Interoperability Matrices for details requirements, however, the below versions are recommended.
- VMware vSphere 6.0 Update 3
- VMware vSphere 6.5 Update 2
- VMware vSphere 6.7 Update 2
- Guest Introspection (Windows) – Recommended to upgrade to VMware Tools 10.3.10 before upgrading NSX for vSphere.
- Guest Introspection (Linux) – 6.4.5 supports the following Linux versions:
- RHEL 7 GA (64 bit)
- SLES 12 GA (64 bit)
- Ubuntu 14.04 LTS (64 bit)
Newly Supported Functionality
Newly announced features introduced in 6.4.5 include Security Services (Context Aware Firewall – New Layer 7 AppIDs), Networking and Edge Services (support for two ESG uplinks with multi-cast enabled), and additional Operations and Troubleshooting functionality (audit logging and RBAC enhancements).
With 6.4.5 we see the addition of the below vSphere Client (HTML5) functionality:
|Functional Area||Supported Functionality in the vSphere Client|
The functionality still unavailable to in the vSphere Client (HTML5) now stands as per below:
|Functional Area||Unsupported Functionality in the vSphere Client|
|Tools: Endpoint Monitoring||
|Tools: Flow Monitoring||
|System: Users and Domains||